Wednesday 22 September 2010

Using Photoshop

- Write about what you’ve learnt to do with Photoshop, which poster you chose to recreate in Photoshop and why, what you’re pleased with and what you did not manage to do for your poster, what you need to practise further/learn to do next time
During my media lessons I have learnt and developed new skills on Photoshop. I have learnt the benefit of making layers while designing something. I also learnt how to change the brightness of an image to make it darker which might imply anger and lighter which might imply happiness. When making our film posters I used this skill. This helped me create a film poster that went into the write genre. Furthermore I learnt how to outline a picture so it crops it exactly that shape. This was useful when I was designing my poster as then I could get an outline of a certain image. This helped my poster look more professional.
The poster I created on Photoshop was the hangover which is in the comedy genre. I thought my design was better than the other one as there were more things evolved in it. Looking at the finished poster there are many advantages relating to it. The poster looks professional and colourful. Looking at the original film poster and my one I think there’s a close resemblance. I did not manage to use one of the tools I liked to. This was a tool used to make the picture have sharper edges. As I have just learnt new skills on Photoshop I need to practise outlining a picture, as when i was doing it my outline was rather bent. Also for next lesson i will learn how to fade a picture into its background as this would look good for my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment