Monday 13 September 2010

The camerawork movie and the crooping exercise

What did you have to do and what was the purpose of the task?

In the lesson we watched a clip of the movie, bad, ugly and the good. Here we analyzed different types of camera shots e.g. long shot, extreme close up and close up. Using this scene we made our own version by taking pictures of ourselves and turning it into a movie using a programme called I movie. We then took a range of pictures using different types of shots to give an effect on the movie. The purpose of this task was so we could understand the different types of shots used in the particular scene and how producers use them.
We then learnt how to crop pictures using a programme called Adobe Photoshop. The purpose of this task was so we could crop pictures so we could focus on one thing.  
 
What have you learnt in terms of skills, key concepts and ideas?
 
From this task we learnt how to take different types of shots with a camera to convey certain things like how to change the tension of something or the mood. I also learn' t the shots mostly used in film such as extreme close up and close up. Furthermore I learnt how to crop pictures on a programme called Adobe Photoshop. This was useful as I could then focus on one thing in the picture. I also learnt how to make a still image movie on a special proggrame called imovie.
 
What would you do differently if you had the chance? What lessons have you learnt in terms of pre-production / production; in other words, how will you be more efficient next time?
 
If I had the chance to do this again I would first plan my movie stating what types of pictures would be used for what camera angle. This would allow me to create a movie that tell some sort of story. I would have used a range of shots rather than the same ones like establishing shot and overhead. This would show my understanding of how shots can be used to show diffrent things.

No comments:

Post a Comment